Apprenticeships have been designed by the industry, in consultation with employers, to meet their demands for capable and motivated people. An apprenticeship combines a real job with high quality training and nationally recognised qualifications to give young people the opportunity to gain experience and earn whilst they learn.
What will they study?
Ashford College apprenticeships are offered at intermediate and advanced levels in a range of construction, motor vehicle, engineering, business and hairdressing settings. The programmes we offer will provide a solid foundation of skills and knowledge to build a career in the apprentice’s chosen field. With input from employers, the qualifications we offer have been designed by industry bodies and Sector Skills Councils and are therefore relevant to need the needs of the respective industry.
What Additional Learning Support is available?
The College has an excellent Additional Learning Support team who are here to assist Apprentices with their studies. They can offer support in many areas including:
- English and maths
- English for Speakers of Other Languages (ESOL)
- Specific learning difficulties (dyslexia, dyspraxia, dyscalculia, ADD and ADHD)
What will they progress on to?
We hope all apprentices will be successful with their chosen course and remain in full‐time employment with their employer. For Apprentices on a fixed‐term contract or those wishing to progress to a higher level qualification, details of all options available can be obtained from their Assessor or the College prospectus.
For those who would benefit from support with career plans, the College has a Careers Hub offering the following services:
- Careers and guidance interviews
- Job and apprenticeship services (internally and externally advertised vacancies)
- Work experience and voluntary placement assistance
- UCAS applications (including personal statement) advice
- CVs and covering letters guidance
- Interview tips, techniques and practice
- Careers workshops
- Careers fairs and events