Programme Leader for: Award in Education and Training, Certificate in Education and Training and Diploma in Education and Training Year 1 (Hadlow Group)
- Initial Teacher Education
- Animal Science/ Management
- Equine Science/ Management
- Level 4 – Module 1 – Introduction to Teaching and Learning, Module 2 – Planning and Assessing
- Level 7 in Coaching and Mentoring (ongoing) - ILM
- ProfGCE in Post Compulsory Education – Canterbury Christ Church University
- Level 4 Award in the Internal Quality Assurance of Assessment – City and Guilds
- Level 3 Certificate in Assessing Vocational Achievement
- MSc Equine Science – University of Essex
- BSc (Hons) Equine Science – University of Essex
I have experience of teaching in both the Land-Based Sector and General FE having taught Animal Management for a number of years in a large General FE college. I spent four years as coordinator of Animal Management in an FE college and have previously taught Equine Studies, Applied Science and A-Level Biology. Additionally I worked across a range of different departments as a teaching and learning coach/mentor.
In August 2016 I joined the quality team as an Advanced Learning Practitioner working across the Hadlow Group. In this role I work with staff to support the development of teaching and learning through one-to-one coaching and the design and delivery of CPD. In addition to this I programme lead and lecture on the Initial Teacher Education programme accredited by Canterbury Christ Church University.
Current interest and activities
- The use of coaching models to develop teaching and learning
- The impact of different teaching methods/ strategies and environments on learner participation and achievement